What Makes Us Look Older Q&A
As we age, our bodies naturally change, and we experience wrinkles, age spots, uneven skin tone, and graying hair that makes us look older. To learn more about Glo Med Spa services, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are located at 9801 Anderson Mill Rd #120, Austin, TX 78750.
Table of Contents:
People will often choose to do things that make them look older. Wearing clothes that are out of fashion is an easy one to identify. Other things that make us look older are out of our control, such as wrinkles and lines on our faces caused by genetics. But there are things that we do that can make us look older at a younger age. Some of these require a change of habits, while others can be changed with a little help in other ways.
1. Drinking too much alcohol can cause you to be dehydration and cause inflammation. It can also cause broken blood vessels in the skin that make it discolored.
2. Not drinking enough water is another issue that many people have. The skin needs water to stay hydrated and fresh. Dehydration can lead to added crow’s feet, lines and wrinkles.
3. Smoking leads to looking older sooner. It introduces many toxins into the body and decreases oxygen flow in the bloodstream. These decrease the skin’s ability to regenerate, something that is important in a youthful appearance.
4. Sun damage is a huge problem in making you look older. Sun damage causes discoloration in the skin and tends to dry out your skin. Wearing sunscreen can make a big difference.
5. Eating too much sugar can damage the production of collagen and elastin. These two proteins are necessary for keeping your skin elastic, plump, and youthful-looking.
6. Lack of sleep can do its own damage. Sleep allows cells to rejuvenate and repair. The skin needs this to remain soft and radiant.
Stress is a problem. Stress affects how the cells function and can limit their ability to regenerate. Stress also makes us frown, furrow our brows, and other facial actions cause lines and wrinkles.
As you get older there are changes that happen. You start to lose some muscle tone. Your skin can become a little thinner. The fat in your body can move around, especially as gravity has its way.
All of these things impact your face, neck, and hands in ways that make you look older. As the fat starts to move down, your checks will look thinner and hallowed out. It also tends to give you those jowls and maybe even a double chin. Loss of muscle tone can compound these. The loss of fat can leave your lips thinner, allowing wrinkles around your lips and mouth. It can also lead to a drooping now tip.
As your skin ages, it can become less elastic and thinner. This gives you crepey-looking skin that shows wrinkles and lines more easily.
Women and men are likely to start to notice that they are looking older in their 40s and 50s. Some may even start to see signs of this in their late 30s. The first signs of droopy skin, wrinkles, and smile lines can start at any time.
Beautiful skin can indicate beauty in many more ways than being free of wrinkles and lines. Skin can be quite quick in showing visible signs of aging and here are 7 signs of that:
1. Fine lines and wrinkles
2. Dull skin
3. Uneven skin tone
4. Blotchiness and age spots
5. Dry skin
6. Visible pores
7. Rough skin texture
The best way to keep your face from showing your age is to take care of yourself and your skin. Eating a healthy diet is always recommended, especially one that includes plenty of vegetables and fruit. Drink ample amounts of water to keep yourself hydrated. This will keep your cells functioning properly and help your body expel waste and toxins. Wear sunscreen when you go out and try to avoid any kind of tanning.
Have a good skincare routine that includes a good cleanser that isn’t too harsh. Use retinol and retinoids to help replenish your skin. You may also want to include procedures that help increase the natural rejuvenation and regeneration processes.
Glo Med Spa and Wellness can help you understand the aging process. We can also provide the advice and tools to slow that process, keeping you younger-looking with a more youthful and glowing appearance. Give us a call or schedule an online appointment to find out how we can help you look younger. We are located at 9801 Anderson Mill Rd #120, Austin, TX 78750. We serve patients from Austin TX, Cedar Park TX, Volente TX, Pflugerville TX, Round Rock TX, Leander TX, Volente TX, Brushy Creek TX, Williamson County TX, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
- IPL Photofacials
- PDO Thread Lift
- RF Microneedling
- Vampire Facial
- Skin Resurfacing
- Dermal Fillers
- Lip Augmentation
- Thread Lift
- Skin Tightening
- Forever Ageless Photofacial
- Venus Viva Nanofractional Laser
- Microneedling Hair
- Laser Hair Removal
- Melasma Treatment
- Pico Laser