PDO Thread Lift Treatment Specialist in Austin, TX
If you want to rejuvenate your skin then contact Glo Med Spa in Austin, TX, and get younger-looking skin. We are conveniently located at 9801 Anderson Mill Rd, Suite 120, Austin, TX 78750. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
What is the difference between PDO and PCL threads?
Which areas are covered with PCL thread lift?
How does PDO thread lift work?
Who is a good candidate for PDO thread lift?
PDO and PCL threads are both bio-degradable temporary sutures that are used to help lift and tighten the skin. Details of the two are as follows:
– Last between 6 to 12 months; the sutures themselves dissolve after 6 months, but collagen production in the treated skin continues for up to 12 months.
– Improves fine wrinkles and reduces thae size of the pores.
– Effectively improves the elasticity and tightness of the skin in the treated area.
– During the procedure the physical structure of the fat cells are altered at the cellular level, making a PDO thread lift a very effective method of facial shaping, contouring, and rejuvenation.
– Can last for more than 2 years. The threads are slowly absorbed into the body within 1 to 2 years compared to PDO threads which take between six and eight months. Because of this, the results from a PCL thread lift last longer, and collagen production can continue for a further year once the threads have completely dissolved.
– More potent than PDO threads at stimulating collagen production.
– Very flexible and highly elastic, causing less pain and discomfort for the patient compared to PDO threads.
Because of its versatility, a PCL thread lift can treat virtually any area of the face, with the area under the chin being particularly effective. The cheeks and lower face and neck region are the most common areas treated, along with:
– The jowls
– The jawline
– Naso jugal folds
– Nasolabial folds
– Crow’s feet
– Undereye area
– Marionette lines
A PDO thread lift is a procedure that uses temporary, bio-degradable, sutures to give the skin a subtle but visible “lift”, providing a non-surgical alternative to the traditional face-lift. Instead of the loose skin being removed surgically, portions of it are stitched up and suspended, causing it to pull back slightly and gently lift and tighten the face. In addition to being ideal for lifting the skin, PDO thread treatments can be also used to combat the signs of aging by stimulating the body’s natural production of collagen in the treated areas. This benefit is significant because of the vital role that collagen, or lack of it, plays in the aging process. All the time the threads are in place, the body will sense their presence as, albeit tiny, foreign objects and will be constantly seeking to heal the “damaged” area and eliminate the “threat”, in this case, the sutures. This process of healing and repairing at the cellular level stimulates collagen production, which in turn helps to strengthen the structure of the skin, leaving it looking tighter, smoother, and rejuvenated.
The ideal candidate for a PDO thread lift is someone in their late thirties to early fifties who has mild to moderate loose or sagging skin in the facial area (particularly under the chin where the threads are most effective), and who wants to enhance their appearance without having to use surgery. The patient must also be in good general health and have reasonable expectations of the outcome of treatment.
If you would like to know more about the thread lift services we offer, contact Glo Med Spa today! We serve patients from Austin TX, Cedar Park TX, Volente TX, Pflugerville TX, Round Rock TX, Leander TX, Volente TX, Brushy Creek TX, and Williamson County TX, and look forward to meeting you!
Additional Services You May Like
- IPL Photofacials
- PDO Thread Lift
- RF Microneedling
- Vampire Facial
- Skin Resurfacing
- Dermal Fillers
- Lip Augmentation
- Thread Lift
- Skin Tightening
- Forever Ageless Photofacial
- Venus Viva Nanofractional Laser
- Microneedling Hair
- Laser Hair Removal
- Melasma Treatment
- Pico Laser