4 Questions to Ask About Dermaplaning
The process of dermaplaning involves manually exfoliating the skin to get rid of fine hair and dead skin accumulation. Dr. Juan Ivan Ramirez, MD, and his compassionate team at Glo Med Spa, can help you to reduce the visibility of wrinkles, fine lines, and dull skin. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are located at 9801 Anderson Mill Rd, Suite 120, Austin, TX 78750.
Table of Contents:
To prepare your face for dermaplaning, you should cleanse your skin thoroughly to remove any makeup prior to your treatment. You should also avoid any exfoliating products, such as scrubs or acids, for at least 24 hours before the procedure. Do not use any creams or lotions on your face on the day of the procedure. Additionally, it is recommended to avoid sun exposure or tanning for at least a week before dermaplaning, as well as avoid using any blood thinning medication, as it can increase the risk of bleeding during the procedure. It is important to consult your specialist to discuss any skin concerns or allergies that you may have.
After dermaplaning, it is important to take proper care of your skin to ensure long-lasting results and to prevent any irritation or complications. General guidelines for dermaplaning aftercare include:
• Avoid sun exposure – Sun exposure can increase the risk of hyperpigmentation, so it’s best to avoid it for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
• Don’t use exfoliating products – Exfoliating products, such as scrubs or acids, can further irritate the skin, so it’s best to avoid them for a few days after dermaplaning.
• Moisturize – Dermaplaning can leave your skin feeling dry and tight, so it’s important to moisturize immediately after the procedure.
• Avoid makeup – Try to avoid wearing makeup for at least 24 hours after dermaplaning to allow your skin to breathe and heal.
• Be gentle – Be gentle when washing your face, avoid hot water, and don’t use washcloths or exfoliating sponges.
• Consult your specialist – If you have any concerns or issues after dermaplaning, consult your aesthetician or dermatologist for advice.
Dermaplaning is a dermatological treatment that has many advantages, including:
• Improved skin texture and tone– Dermaplaning helps to unclog pores and remove impurities, which can improve the overall texture of the skin. The procedure also reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars.
• Better product absorption – Removing dead skin cells and vellus hairs allows skincare products to penetrate more deeply into the skin, making them more effective. You will also notice that products apply more evenly onto your skin.
• No downtime – Dermaplaning is a non-invasive procedure that requires no downtime, so you can return to your normal activities immediately after the treatment.
• Safe for all skin types – Dermaplaning is safe for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
As with any skin treatment, it’s always best to consult with a licensed aesthetician or dermatologist. They will be able to determine if dermaplaning is the right option for you and what kind of results you can expect.
Dermaplaning is a safe and effective procedure that can provide many benefits to the skin. The long-term effects of dermaplaning may vary for each person. Here are some potential long-term effects to consider:
• Vellus hair regrowth – Dermaplaning removes vellus hair, which is the fine, soft hair that covers most of the body. The hair will grow back, but it should be finer and less noticeable than before.
• Increased cell turnover – Dermaplaning stimulates cell turnover by removing the top layer of dead skin cells, which can lead to healthier skin over time.
• Reduced acne scars – With consistent treatment, dermaplaning can reduce the appearance of acne scars.
• Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – Regular dermaplaning can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles over time.
• Brighter, youthful-looking skin – Long-term dermaplaning treatment has been reported to result in a more radiant complexion.
• Increased collagen production – By removing the dead skin cells, dermaplaning can stimulate collagen production in the skin.
• Reduced hyperpigmentation – Dermaplaning can help reduce hyperpigmentation by removing the top layer of skin that contains excess melanin, the pigment that causes dark spots.
Dermaplaning at Glo Med Spa is a safe and effective exfoliation treatment. We are located at 9801 Anderson Mill Rd, Suite 120, Austin, TX 78750. For more information, contact us or request an appointment online. We serve patients from Austin TX, Cedar Park TX, Volente TX, Pflugerville TX, Round Rock TX, Leander TX, Volente TX, Brushy Creek TX, and Williamson County TX.
Additional Services You May Like
- IPL Photofacials
- PDO Thread Lift
- RF Microneedling
- Vampire Facial
- Skin Resurfacing
- Dermal Fillers
- Lip Augmentation
- Thread Lift
- Skin Tightening
- Forever Ageless Photofacial
- Venus Viva Nanofractional Laser
- Microneedling Hair
- Laser Hair Removal
- Melasma Treatment
- Pico Laser