Microblading Austin TX
Glo Med Spa offers microblading, a semi-permanent make up solution to fill in and define your eyebrows. We are conveniently located at 9801 Anderson Mill Road Suite 120 Austin, TX 78750. Please give us a call at (512) 643-9171 to schedule an appointment.
Microblading eyebrows is a form of permanent makeup that creates beautiful, natural looking eyebrows with a handheld microblade. It’s perfect for people who have overplucked or those who want to define, darken or reshape their eyebrows.
Microblading originated in Asia over 20 years ago and has gone by many names: eyebrow embroidery, feather touch, microstroking and even “the Japanese Method.” By 2015, microblading became popular in the United States.
Technically, microblading is a form of eyebrow tattooing. But unlike traditional tattooing, which uses a machine, microblading artists apply each hairstroke with a handheld microblade. This produces a very fine line that resembles real hair. Each individual hairstroke is hand drawn by the artist and blended in with the client’s existing eyebrow hair. With a strong artist at the helm, the results can be gorgeous and very lifelike.
Benefits of microblading
- Spend less time getting ready in the morning – your eyebows are perfect every day!
- No makeup touchups required durin g the day since the pigment wil not smudge or smear
- Lasts between 1 – 3 years on average
- Safe when performed by an experienced microblading artist.
Before & After Images
What Will Happen at my Appointment?:
Profile. First the microblading artist will review the client’s lifestyle and taste. What kind of look do they want? What face shape does the client have, etc.? This will help the artist create the best brows for their client.
Draw. Next the artist will use a waterproof eyebrow pencil to sketch the eyebrows on the client’s face. This will be the artist’s guide for the microblading procedure and allow the client to see the final look before any permanent work is performed.
Microblading. Now the artist begins microblading, according to the drawing they’ve agreed upon with the client. Once the microblading is finished, the excess ink is removed with a baby wipe so the client can see their new eyebrows! Except for some redness, the client will be ready to go out in public.
Photography. Whether or not your artist keeps a fine Instagram like ours, all microblading artists photograph their work for many reasons, not the least of which, to have a record of their own art!
Who is a candidate for Microblading?
Microblading is great for most people. People will the following conditions are ineligible for microlading:
- Those prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation. Unfortunately, since microblading punctures the skin as we add ink, we cannot work with clients with these conditions.
- If you have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or Hepatitis. Again, microblading artists cut the skin so it is our policy not to work with these conditions.
- If you’ve had Juvederm or other fillers in that area. Depending on the timing, we recommend to get microblading first! Otherwise, check with your doctor. Many artists may request a note from your doctor first.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy. Although microblading is great for restoring eyebrows, we would require a doctor’s note in order to perform the procedure for anyone undergoing chemotherapy.
- If you have any kind of skin condition on or near your eyebrows. This includes eczema, shingles, rashes, or anything else near eyebrows.
- Children. Microblading is for adults only! We do not recommend microblading for anyone under the age of 18. It is our policy at Glo Med Spa not to work with children, even with a consent form.