4 Questions to Ask About Medical Spa in Austin TX
Our highly qualified and experienced team at Glo Med Spa will make you feel younger and more beautiful. Visit our med spa today for medical-grade aesthetic services. We are conveniently located at 9801 Anderson Mill Rd, Suite 120, Austin, TX 78750. For more information, please contact us or book an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Cosmetic treatments are procedures that alter the appearance of a person’s body without affecting its function. Some examples of cosmetic treatments include hair removal, hair coloring, facial enhancement, and body contouring. Cosmetic treatments are often considered minimally invasive treatments because they do not require large incisions or come with prolonged recovery periods. Minimally invasive cosmetic procedures are much safer, can provide equal-level results, and require less aftercare than surgical procedures. The best place to receive cosmetic treatments like microneedling, dermal fillers, and Botox, is at a medical spa.
A medical spa, or med spa, is a specialized healthcare facility that offers medical-grade treatments and procedures that aim to address both cosmetic and medical concerns. Among the most popular treatments offered at the med spa include neuromodulators such as Botox, and dermal fillers including those composed of hyaluronic acid, microneedling, laser hair removal, chemical peels, and facial rejuvenation. Medical spas are different from day spas as they are staffed by medical professionals, such as physicians, nurses, and technicians.
When looking for a quality and trusted medical spa, there are a few important considerations to keep in mind, including:
• The Treatments Offered — One of the most important things to look for in a med spa is the treatments and procedures they offer. For example, if a person is interested in anti-aging treatments, they should look for a medical spa that offers these types of procedures.
• The Experience of the Staff — Perhaps the most important thing to look for in a med spa is the experience and qualifications of the clinicians who will be performing the procedures. While it may be tempting to go with a discounted offer at a new, inexperienced clinic, these unestablished med spas often deliver inconsistent results, so it is better to visit a well-established and trusted medical spa.
• Other Considerations — Aside from the selection of services and the background and experience of the performing clinicians, other important considerations may include the location of the office, the hours of operation, and even the friendliness of the office staff.
The most popular medical spa services include:
• Fillers — Dermal fillers, often simply referred to as fillers, are the second-most popular medical spa treatment, with millions of procedures performed every year in the United States. The most common dermal fillers are composed of hyaluronic acid, a hydrating and moisturizing compound that naturally occurs in the connective tissues of mammals.
• Botox — Composed of the botulinum toxin, Botox has become a household name due to its relatively long history of use and strong track record of effectiveness. It is the most popular minimally invasive procedure performed at med spas, with millions of treatments performed each year.
• Microneedling — Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, microneedling has seen a massive surge in popularity over the past several years due to its ability to rejuvenate the skin and enhance the efficacy of topical skincare products.
• Chemical Peels — A favorite of both clients and dermatologists alike, chemical peels are one of the most effective skincare treatments. They come in a variety of strengths and intensities for different skin concerns.
Medical spa treatments should only be administered by a qualified and licensed medical professional, such as a physician, physician assistant, nurse, technician, or aesthetician. However, the level of expertise required to perform medical spa treatments depends on the type of treatment and its invasiveness; minimally invasive procedures, such as dermal fillers, must be performed by a licensed medical professional, whereas noninvasive procedures, like facials, can be administered by an aesthetician.
If you are looking for a trusted and established medical spa that can provide top-level cosmetic treatments, come to Glo Med Spa & Wellness! Contact us today or book an appointment at our medical spa, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 9801 Anderson Mill Road, Suite 120, Austin, TX 78750. We serve patients from Austin TX, Cedar Park TX, Volente TX, Pflugerville TX, Round Rock TX, Leander TX, Volente TX, Brushy Creek TX, and Williamson County TX. We look forward to serving you!
Additional Services You May Like
- IPL Photofacials
- PDO Thread Lift
- RF Microneedling
- Vampire Facial
- Skin Resurfacing
- Dermal Fillers
- Lip Augmentation
- Thread Lift
- Skin Tightening
- Forever Ageless Photofacial
- Venus Viva Nanofractional Laser
- Microneedling Hair
- Laser Hair Removal
- Melasma Treatment
- Pico Laser