Basic Facials Specialist in Austin TX
A basic facial is designed to revitalize and nourish the skin, helping it look and feel younger. If you are looking for a basic facial treatment, then visit Glo Med Spa and rejuvenate your skin. We are conveniently located at 9801 Anderson Mill Rd Suite 120 Austin, TX 78750. For more information please call us or book an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
A facial is a great way to hydrate your skin, remove impurities, and look your best. Find out more about facials and how they can help you look and feel great below!
A basic facial includes cleansing, exfoliation, extractions, and the application of quality products and a mask. In total, basic facials work to improve the appearance of common skin issues like wrinkles, acne, dark circles, and several other signs of aging.
There are several steps to completing a basic facial. Before any facial begins, there is a consultation between you and the aesthetician where they will go over your goals for treatment and questions you have about treatment. You will also fill out a form with various questions about medications and supplements you’re taking, skin concerns, skin products you currently use, and other information.
With this information, your aesthetician can identify which products are best for your skin type, goals, and concerns. They will also review your medical history to ensure the products used in the facial do not cause any adverse reactions.
After the consultation, here are the steps taken for a basic facial:
– Cleansing: The first step in any facial is to cleanse the pores. Cleaning the pores is essential to optimal facial results. To cleanse the pores, the aesthetician will remove makeup and apply a pore cleansing product. They will massage the product onto the skin using cotton pads and then rinse it off with a cloth and warm water. The aesthetician will also use a headband to hold your hair back, so it doesn’t interfere with the cleansing process.
– Skin analysis: After removing your make-up and cleansing your pores, the aesthetician will cover your eyes and analyze your skin type under a bright lamp. During this analysis, your aesthetician will determine whether your skin is dry, oily, sensitive, or balanced, and search for any skin conditions you may have that a basic facial can treat. For severe skin conditions, your aesthetician may recommend a more extensive facial.
– Steam: Once your aesthetician has determined your skin type and identified any skin conditions, they will direct a warm vapor toward your face. This vapor is highly relaxing and helps to open up your pores and soften blackheads and whiteheads.
– Exfoliation: Exfoliation refers to the removal of dead and dry skin cells from the outer layer of your skin. Aestheticians either use mechanical or chemical exfoliants. Mechanical exfoliants have a gritty texture that gently scrapes away dead and dry skin cells. In contrast, chemical exfoliants create a reaction that loosens the bond between skin cells.
– Extraction: After exfoliating your skin, the aesthetician will remove blackheads and whiteheads — known as extraction. The aesthetician will remove the blackheads and whiteheads either by hand or with a special metal extraction tool.
– Massage: After extraction comes one of the most relaxing parts of a facial — a facial massage. This massage is intended to relax you and stimulate your facial skin and muscles.
– Mask: The aesthetician will apply a mask with a product uniquely suited to your skin type. After the mask is applied, you can relax and let it do its magic. After a set time, they will remove the mask and apply some moisturizer and sunscreen.
After a basic facial, you may experience some minor redness for a few hours after your appointment. The redness is likely due to the exfoliation and extraction process. However, after the redness subsides, your skin should look healthier, brighter, and more hydrated.
Preparation for a basic facial is minimal. Still, you can make the most of your appointment by doing the following:
– Wear comfortable clothing
– Avoid at-home facial treatments for a week before your facial appointment
– Avoid sunlight exposure and tanning beds for five days before your appointment
– Know the names of the skin care products you’re currently using
– Wash your before your appointment
– Wear light makeup or none at all to your appointment
Facials are an excellent way to freshen up your skin and face. Our basic facial specialists at Glo Med Spa in Austin, Texas, have plenty of experience providing top-quality facials to our wonderful clients. Call today for more information or make an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 9801 Anderson Mill Rd Suite 120 Austin, TX 78750. We serve patients from Austin TX, Cedar Park TX, Volente TX, Pflugerville TX, Round Rock TX, Leander TX, Volente TX, Brushy Creek TX, and Williamson County TX.
Additional Services You May Like
- IPL Photofacials
- PDO Thread Lift
- RF Microneedling
- Vampire Facial
- Skin Resurfacing
- Dermal Fillers
- Lip Augmentation
- Thread Lift
- Skin Tightening
- Forever Ageless Photofacial
- Venus Viva Nanofractional Laser
- Microneedling Hair
- Laser Hair Removal
- Melasma Treatment